Ok, so I had fully intended on blogging weekly. As you can see, that hasn't happened. Olivia's birthday and Christmas came and went faster than I could type. It's already the end of January. I'm sitting in my room listening to Sophie and Olivia fight, while they should be sleeping and Gary is in the front room playing guitar. Gracie just woke up because I yelled at the girls to be quiet. Sophie is insisting that she never wants to sleep in Olivia's room again, which will be a problem, because Olivia's room is Sophie's room too. HA! And you know what, I don't care. :)
Since my last post, Olivia received the pump. She picked lime green and she loves it! In fact, we love it too. It makes her life a little bit easier. She no longer has to carry around pen needles and worry about giving herself shots in public. She still needs to do finger pokes, but that doesn't seem to bother her too much. She can eat more freely, snacking isn't as much of an issue and now she can go to birthday parties without worrying about shots. She's an amazing kid. I'm really proud of her. I was fearful of getting the pump because I didn't know what to expect. I had gotten used to our routine of diabetes care. She, however, had a different plan for our family. She insisted on getting the pump. I was hesitant, as usual, because that is how I am. Olivia wasn't nervous at all. That is what I love about her. She knows what she wants and she isn't afraid to try. I could learn a thing or two from her.
Gracie has begun crawling and manages to get everything from the floor in to her mouth, luckily, we have Sophie, our floor monitor. Sophie is an awesome big sister. She's searches the floor often to make sure there isn't anything that Gracie could get a hold of and choke on. She takes the responsibility of being a big sister very seriously. I can always count on her when I need a helping hand.
I can't think of anything else to report. Our life has been pretty uneventful the past couple of months. Until next time, goodnight!
Mama's Holiday Wish List
15 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment